Travels with Grandma

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Conclusion

That's my report (and I'm sticking to it.) I loved Venice and Slovenia. If I had to do the trip over, I don't know that I would have changed anything. (Well, maybe I would have made it less snowy in the mountains so I could have had longer horse rides, but that's not exactly something that's inside my control.)

Venice is an amazing place and worth a visit before it sinks. It is a little expensive, but you can find bargain accommodation and reasonably priced meals if you know where to look. I didn't feel ripped off at all. (Traveling in the off-season is definitely the way to go.)

Slovenia is a fantastic hidden gem of a place. The Julian Alps are amazing. It's a relatively inexpensive place to visit, once you get out of the capital. On 1 January 2007, they're switching over to the euro, so I don't know how that's going to affect their prices. I'm very much looking forward to a return trip sometime soon with Peter.

1 Comments:

  • Anne, I really enjoy reading about your trips. Yes, I read all 5 installments! (not all at once though) And I love that you're taking your Grandma around the world. Your photos from the Alps are gorgeous - well okay, they're all pretty great but snow makes such a pretty picture, doesn't it?
    So, thanks for sharing all this.
    :)

    By Blogger Terri, at 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home